You might think we can't impact the product. Afterall, the house is what it is and where it is. Whether or not it's desirable in the eyes of a buyer, it isn't something we have much any control over.
We take a different approach. When we come to visit your home, we are seeing it through the eyes of Buyers and Buyers' Agents. When you list with us, we arrange and cover the cost to make your product better in a couple of important ways:
- Professional Cleaning. Each and every one of our listings is cleaned by professionals before the first Buyer steps foot inside. Even the tidiest home can benefit from a deep clean and it makes a huge difference to your product.
- Staging. If you have furniture in your home, we can stage it at no cost to you. We have invested in a collection of lighting, art, area rugs, plants, pillows, fluffy white towels and other accessories meant to upgrade any space and show it at its absolute best.
These services are included in our fee and they will mean more money in your pocket.
We also advise and make recommendations about what you can do to make your product more desirable, such as:
- Declutter. This can be as simple as putting a few items in the garage, or hiring one of our specialists to help with the process. When we show homes, less is more and you can add real money to your bottom line by giving us more open space to work with in your home.
- Enhance the curb appeal: Trimming trees, planting flowers, painting the fence, powerwashing, mowing the lawn - all of these are low cost, highly effective upgrades to make the best possible first impression online and in person.
- Improve the lighting: We can bring lamps, but you can help us by changing burned out bulbs, or switching for brighter ones.
- Handyman Fixes: Caulking in bathtubs or around sinks, fixing cupboard doors, securing wiggly doorknobs, or a quick coat of paint are all inexpensive and highly effective ways to show that your home, while not brand new, has been cared for and is move-in ready. We have recommended service providers who can help.
There is a lot that we can do together to make your product, your home more attractive to Buyers. We're ready to roll up our sleeves and work with you to get it done. Call Mary at 604-317-2289 for a no pressure conversation to learn how our unique approach to marketing homes can work for you.